Overall maintenance and upkeep of the building including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
a. Conduct weekly checks of the building including the external areas (courtyard
and garden) – cleaning all litter, drains etc. maintaining all areas to a high
standard and reporting any issues.
b. Gardening to keep hedges trim and weeds at bay.
c. Keep order in the storage rooms and areas
d. Painting duties to include patch ups and upkeep of plinths, stages etc.
e. General maintenance and handyman duties include upkeep of tools and
f. Refuse and recycling supervision
g. Changing light bulbs or similar
Exhibitions – Aiding the physical set up and take down of exhibitions including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
a. Assist in moving and installing some artworks
b. Changing gallery and museum lighting as required (ladder work involved)
c. Art wrapping and unwrapping
a. Set up and take down for events (classes/lectures etc).
b. Set up and take down for education workshops
c. Assist with front of house staff with shop deliveries
a. Liaise with Security
b. Carrying out tasks for the benefit of the museum and colleagues.
Hours are 2-5:30 Monday to Friday and 1 Saturday per month to be agreed one month in advance. Overtime and other evening work will be required from time to time and time maybe taken in lieu, negotiated with the manager.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- An open and friendly manner when dealing with colleagues and public
- Enjoy working as part of a small team
- An interest in arts and heritage
- Ability to undertake and enjoy general DIY tasks
- Ability to be self-motivated and work on own initiative
- Ability to take instruction in a professional manner
- Must be discreet and at all times conscious of Museum security and data protection needs.
If looking for one of our objects, please click here