Friends get more. More inspiration, more art, more Hunt Museum.
Benefits include free admission to the museum and its exhibitions, exclusive access to a range of group activities, clubs, outings and discounts in our shop!
Due to COVID-19, we have adapted some of our membership activities to work online. However, The Friends of the Hunt Museum remain an active and vibrant network of members, with a variety of interests that reflect the eclectic nature of the museum and we hope that in summer 2021 we can resume our annual schedule of activities.
• Unlimited free access to the museum for you & a guest
• New! Virtual Skill Share meet-up for Friends & Docents
• Invitations to exhibition previews
• Special exhibition themed events for the Friends
• Cultural tours & guided visits to other museums, galleries, castles, stately homes & gardens, cathedrals and concert halls.
• Lectures & learning: regular lunchtime lectures, Silver Circle, book club
• Quarterly newsletter to keep up to date
• Art and artefact appreciation lectures via google hangout Virtual tours of other museums and the opportunity to exchange views with others
Special Discounts & Benefits
• 10% discount in the Gift Shop
• 10% discount when purchasing artwork for sale at Museum
• Special Friends rates for events, workshops and gala events
What’s planned for 2021
Please note: schedule given restrictions and ability to travel.
- Tuesday 14th – Raffle Draw
Our 2022 timetable of events will be shared shortly.
Some of our past events
How your membership helps & supports
Your membership has directly supported such projects as The Three Muses, a joint educational programme for primary schools with Limerick Museum and Limerick City Gallery. It has also assisted a close fundraising relationship with Limerick Mental Health Association (LMHA), particularly in relation to the ongoing project to create a Hunt Museum in a Garden with their support.
Your membership allows us to continue to operate the museum, to produce online resources for schools and lifelong learners and prepare for a summer of activities that comply with the necessary social distancing measures.
We thank our Members and Friends for their unwavering support during such a difficult time for the creative and cultural industries.